Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Interest Statement on Black Magic

Black magic is magic used to cause harm against other people. There are many different things you can do to a person using this kind of magic. I decided to learn more about black magic and write an essay about it. I’m going to write a Description Essay providing information on what black magic is, why people believe in it, and how it’s practiced. I will also tell where black magic came from and what it’s used for.
I knew nothing about black magic until I saw the movie The Skeleton Key. In fact, I didn’t even know it existed. I found the movie very interested, therefore I figured black magic would be a good topic to write about. After I saw the movie I thought to myself, do people actually believe in this? After doing a few research, I found out that people actually practice black magic.
Although I have only done a little bit of research on black magic, I think I will be able to find many sources. I found a few websites that give information on black magic; however, I’m also going to look in a library. I know I can probably find a lot of books on black magic. In addition, could look up more information on the movie The Skeleton Key. I could also continue to do research on the internet.
The only benefit that I will have from writing this paper is expanding my knowledge on black magic. After reading a little on this subject, the information provided kind of spooks me out. I don’t think that black magic is something I would want to get associated with. Therefore, I’m not writing this essay to learn how to do black magic. Well I am writing it to inform the audience, but not to learn how to do it myself.
The only concern I have is finding information about black magic on the internet. I have visited a few sights that have closed down their sections of black magic because children were trying to do “bad’ things with it. I have already come across two websites that have said this, so I wonder if there will be any more. I think this might prevent me from getting more information.
Since black magic appears to be a very informative subject, I believe that I will be able to find a lot of information on it from few sources. Although I think the research will be hard to find, I think the sources will provide plentiful information on black magic. Therefore, I don’t think that the essay will take very much time to write. However, I think my essay might be long because I will have a lot of to explain about black magic.

No comments: